The cold months are back and it’s soup time!
I’ve always been a bit adverse to butternut squash, so when my mother asked me to try her butternut squash and sweet potato soup for the first time, I was skeptical. After feeling pressured from my parents and my husband to “just try the soup already!”, I gave in. Now this soup is a regular in our house.
This soup is creamy, delicious, and easy to make. Enjoy!!
Butternut Squash & Sweet Potato Soup
You will need:
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1 tbsp minced garlic
2 small onions, diced
1/2 a butternut squash, peeled, seeded and chopped
2 cups peeled, chopped sweet potato (about 2 medium size)
4 cups of vegetable broth
1/2 tbsp minced fresh ginger
1/2 tbsp curry powder
1 tbsp honey
• Heat oil In a large non-stick pot.
• Sautee garlic and onion until soft – about 5 minutes.
• Add butternut squash, sweet potato, vegetable stock, ginger, curry, and honey
• Bring to a boil and then reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 30 minutes
• Puree in food processor until creamy.
*I like to double-up the recipe and freeze the soup in mason jars it so I have some ready for those days when I don’t want to cook. It pairs nicely with a grilled-cheese sandwich!