Last week, That’s Inappropriate posted 50 THOUGHTS THAT RUN THROUGH MY MIND FROM SUNRISE TO SUNSET.
I clicked on the article to open it and laughed the entire way through. This is motherhood! This is real! I’m not the only mama whose mind is on overdrive!
When I finished reading the post, I started thinking about what goes on in my own mind during the day, since my brain never seems to want to shut off.
However, instead of writing my thoughts during the day, I decided to jot down the 50 thoughts that come to me in the morning, since that’s when my day starts and when my mind starts to drive me crazy. The mornings are busy and, to be honest, my one child makes me feel like there are five children running around asking me (whining rather) for this and that.
So, without further delay, here are my 50 thoughts that run through my mind in the morning.
1. What time is it?
2. Is he awake yet?
3. I should turn on the monitor to see if he’s awake.
4. He’s awake, but he’s quiet so I’m going to rest my eyes for just a few more minutes.
5. I better put my hearing aids in so I can hear him.
6. Shit, I should have left my hearing aids out.
7. I hope he gives me an easy morning.
8. I hope he wants Muslix again. So simple.
9. Shit, he wants Cheerios. I know he’s going to change his mind any second.
10. Ugh, I knew he’d want a waffle.
11. Why do I even bother?
12. Just give him both, he’ll eat them both, you know that.
13. Ok, make your smoothie and get yourself ready.
14. Is he eating his breakfast?
15. I better check on him.
16. Ok, hurry back to finish getting ready.
17. What’s the weather like today?
18. It may rain, should I send him in rainboots?
19. Who cares what’s on his feet Karen, just get some clothes out for him!
20. What is my husband going on about?
21. I can’t deal with this conversation right now.
22. Is it night time yet?
23. I should make a list now so I can stop off at the store on my way home.
24. I have got to get this kid dressed.
25. Why does he have to yell at me?
26. Why does he hate me?
27. Why can’t he listen to me!
28. Why is everything a fight!
29. JUST GET YOUR CLOTHES ON!
30. Just bribe the kid and move on already.
31. I wish I was the one leaving right now instead of my husband.
32. Okay, just get the kid’s teeth brushed and we’re good.
33. Seriously, why does he have to yell at me all the time?!
34. I’m going to lose my shit in any second.
35. Deep breathes mama 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10
36. He’s finally quiet in the car.
37. He does love me!
38. Shit, I forgot my list!
39. Did I pull out chicken for dinner?
40. Just get out of the car seat already!
41. Okay, this kid is getting an exorcism the minute I find someone to perform it.
42. That was the best hug ever.
43. He doesn’t need an exorcism.
44. Nope I was wrong.
45. Quickly, jot down what needs to be picked up today before you get home
46. Was that it?
47. Is it seriously only 7:50am right now?!
48. This is going to be a long day.
49. I wonder what the kid is doing now.
50. I miss him.
There you have it, ladies and gentlemen: the 50 thoughts that I in the morning. I’m an anxious mom who has a hard time shutting off my mind. I’m forever thinking, wondering, and worrying. My mind is forever spinning, unless I’m sleeping. That’s when it gives me a break, sometimes.
In case you missed the post I based this piece on, you can find it here: https://thatsinappropriate.com/50-thoughts-sunrise-sunset/
For more parenting truths, check out: How I Won the Fight: the Battle over the Green Dinosaur Sippy Cup