I’m trying to involve more spaghetti-squash in our diets the best the way I can without my husband tasting what he considers as “gross squash”. He hates squash. All squash. I’ve managed to make a soup with squash that he loves so I thought maybe I could master the spaghetti-squash as well.
He didn’t love the squash, but he loved the flavours. The beauty of this recipe is that it could be easily substituted with spaghettini or any other kind of pasta you’d like.
Oil and Garlic Spaghetti-Squash with Chicken
You will need:
1 Spaghetti Squash
2-3 Cloves of Garlic, minced
1 Cooking Onion, diced
Half a Broccoli, chopped
2 Chicken Breasts, diced in cubes
Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees and place some parchment paper on a baking pan
- Slice spaghetti-squash length wise and scoop out the seeds
- Spread some olive oil, salt, and pepper on the squash and place face down on the pan.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
In the meantime,
- Put some olive oil in a large heated pan
- Add the onion and garlic and cook for three minutes
- Add the chicken and cook through
- Add some salt and pepper to taste
- Once the chicken is cooked through, turn down the temperature and add the broccoli
- Put a lid over the pan to steam the broccoli
- When the spaghetti-squash is done, use a fork to scrape out the “spaghetti” and add it to the chicken and broccoli
- Stir and add more olive oil if needed.
Feel free to add any other vegetables in this simple dish!
If you enjoyed this recipe, check out: Homemade Meat & Cheese Lasagna