Yes, this is another quinoa and chicken recipe, but what can I say? We love quinoa and chicken just pairs really well with it. The beauty about quinoa is that it easily takes on whatever flavour you want it to be. It’s also something I can get my son to eat without trouble as he loves black beans and corn (at least today he does. Who knows what the future brings). This recipe is delicious and healthy and I feel good about feeding it to my family.
Chicken with Black Bean & Corn Quinoa
You will need:
1.5 cups of Quinoa
1 can of Corn, rinsed and drained
1 can of Black Beans, rinsed and drained
2 Chicken Breasts, diced
1 White Onion
4 Cloves of Garlic
2 tsps of Cumin
¼ tsp of Cayenne
2 tsps of Olive Oil
Salt and Pepper to taste
- In a rice cooker, place 1.5 cups of quinoa and 3 cups of water or vegetable or chicken stalk and turn on.
- Put oil in large pan and start cooking chicken, onions, and garlic.
- Sprinkle the seasoning on the cooking chicken, onion, and garlic.
- Once chicken is cooked through, turn heat down and add corn and black beans to heat.
- Once quinoa is finished, dish it out of rice cooker and put into pan with the rest of the stuff
- Stir ingredients and let sit a few minutes
Serve and enjoy!
For more delicious Quinoa recipes, check out: Vegetable Chicken Quinoa