A few years ago, we had a family friend come visit from Israel. He is an excellent cook who wowed us every time with his ability to throw anything into the pot and create a masterpiece. One evening, he made a whole-fish mango curry and it was fabulous. I begged for the recipe and he kindly gave it to me, letting me know I can also make it with chicken. I couldn’t wait to recreate this meal for my husband and son.
Since I haven’t learned the arts of cooking a whole-fish, I’ve been making this meal using chicken and it is just as fabulous. Mango Curry Chicken is made anytime we manage to find good mangoes. Here it is, I hope you enjoy!
Mango Curry Chicken
You will need:
1 Onion, diced
3-4 Cloves of Garlic (I love garlic. Use as many as you’d like), minced
2 Chicken Breasts, diced
2 Mangos cubed or julienne
Kosher Salt to taste
Sriracha Sauce, as much as you like
1 Can of Coconut Milk
Curry powder (however much you’d like)
1.5 Cups of Rice
- Cook rice in a rice cooker or pot
- Heat oil in a large non-stick pan
- Cook the chicken until there is no pink and put it aside
- Add a little more olive oil and sauté the onion and garlic over medium heat
- Turn down the heat and add coconut milk, cooked chicken, sriracha sauce, and curry and cook for 10 minutes
- Add mango and cook for an additional 3 minutes
Serve over a bed of rice or add rice to pot and stir it in.
For more delicious recipes, visit: Banana Mini-Muffins Your Kids Will Love