We are a taco family. We’ve been having tacos at least once a week for the past few months. Luckily our son loves them just as much so we know he will for sure be eating when we make them. Of course, there are several different kinds of tacos you can make, so we’re always switching it up.
Last night I suggested we try a slow cooker chicken recipe. We’ve been lagging on the slow cooker meals but they really are the best thing for busy times. Sure enough, tacos came to mind. We threw in some chicken and some veggies and ta-da! Slow-cooker pulled taco chicken! Another one for the books.
Slow-Cooker Pulled-Chicken Tacos
You will need:
4-6 Chicken Breasts, sliced in half
2 Medium-Size Onion, julienne
4-5 Cloves of Garlic, minced
2 Red Peppers, julienne
1 Can of Diced Tomatoes (28 fl oz)
1 Large dry Ancho Chili (whole, remove after cooking, or not)
Taco Seasoning (to your liking)
1 ½ tsp Chili Powder
¼ tsp Garlic Powder
¼ tsp Onion Powder
¼ tsp Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
¼ tsp Dried Oregano
¼ tsp Paprika
1 tsp Ground Cumin
½ tsp Sea Salt
½ tsp Black Pepper
- Throw all the ingredients, except the cheese, into the slow cooker and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours.
- Once finished, let cool for a bit and drain juices into a large sauce pan
- Reduce juices to sauce consistency (you can add a bit of cornstarch to thicken it if you desire)
- Pull chicken with 2 forks
- Pour sauce over chicken and stir
Serve in a corn tortilla with some avocado and sour cream, or a bed of rice. Enjoy!
*I usually make a large batch of Taco Seasoning so I have it ready when I need it.
If you enjoyed these tacos, come check out our Blackened Fish Tacos: Blackened Fish Tacos with Caper Cream Sauce and Mango Salsa